Why Do Some Australians Hate Liberals & Change?
Anais Nin once said:
Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.
Having been on Facebook for a year or so, in my personal use and journey I have come across a few very nasty racists people, ignorant people and bigoted people Facebook Users.
And there is actually a clear distiction between the three types of people I’m talking about here, and actually I prefer a racist person over the other two types (an ignorant person and a bigoted person) because least the racist person have views and opinions you can clearly provide evidence against.
When it comes to an ignorant person and a bigoted person it is more difficult to argue with them and there are more of them than there are racists.
The most scary thought I have about them if some of the things they say here on Facebook is scary; How are they in the Real World?
I would personally hate to meet them in the Real World and often wonder what type of home life or even indeed, a society, could produce such evil, ignorant and bigoted people.
I hate meeting them here on Facebook, either front on or under the guise of a Fake Facebook Profile, and entering into any type of conversation with them because no matter if I may provide the best well thought out debate with them, backed up with hard evidence and educational information, at the end of the day, they are often still unwilling to move from their position or line of thought – some have become trapped in themselves.
These racist people, ignorant people and bigoted people can only spew out and parrot the usual per norm racist unfounded, lack of evidence, discrimitory remarks and comments – they have no original thought of their own in which to use and argue their sides of the debate or argument.
A few things I often read and see parroted are: Kill all Liberals, I hate Libertarians etc
What have these people got against Liberal minded people (and no I do not mean the Libral Party of Australia)?
A Liberal is defined as a person
- having political or social views favoring reform and progress
- tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
- who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties.
The term Liberalism is a broad class of political philosophies that considers individual liberty and equality to be the most important political goals.
So to me, unless I just a poor ignorant uneducated blackfella who does not read well or cannot interpret all these jargon words – being a Liberal is actually a good thing….
So why all the fuss and threats from some of the racists, ignorant and bigoted people here on Facebook and in the real world against us Liberal minded people?
What We Liberals Want (and I do class myself as a Liberal and have had the word often chucked out me in often offensive tones e.g. You bleeding heart liberal etc):
- To go forward but the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted want to either go backwards or remain exactly where they are…such none forward movement action can leade to exinction and/or backwardness.
- To accept change but the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted abhor change and want to remain always in their current state or look backwards to another time period when the world suited them more better.
- To seek equality but the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted do not want such real equality or they use the word equality as a means of keeping other people down e.g. Aboriginals are now equal with us so why should they get special treatment – no I’m sorry we Aboriginals are not yet fully equal with our Fellow Australians, there is still a way to go before we as a Nation of People can make such a boast to ourselves and the world.
- To provide freedom of speech, with social responsiblity and restrictions how people will use those freedoms of speech against others but the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted claim their right of free speech is being restricted or they in fact want to restrict and prevent our freedom of speech.
- To provide personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression but the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted want to attack, to confine and to oppress people’s rights of freedom e.g. a Muslim women freely chooses to wear her traditional head gear or scarf but the racist, the ignorant, or bigoted do not want her to exercise such a freedom of choice.
I could go on and on but I wont.
Thank the Great Creator that the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted are slowing growing less in number – they will never vanish but they will grow less and less.
I perceive the racist, the ignorant and the bigoted as Traitors to our Nation and impede it growth to becoming one day a shining beacon to the World, and I am Sorry but the light of our Nation Australia is currently still dull despite what some people may think or boast…
Sadly, whenever I meet a racist person, an ignorant person or a bigoted person, I am then forever reminded of the words of the ancient Roman philosopher, statesman, lawyer, political theorist, and Roman constitutionalist. Marcus Tullius Cicero, who once said:
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
I am proud to be a Liberal Aboriginal who can live and walk confidently in both Australian Black and White Cultures, and the only major difference is I am fully accepted in one culture and not fully accepted in the other, as yet, because my cultural skin colour, my traditions and beliefs are often a barrier and hurdle for one of the two Australian Cultures.
Can you guess which one?